Rostlab-data is the Rostlab Bioinformatics Database and Post-processing solution. Debian Packages for installing Rostlab-data for your lab are currently in development.
Rostlab-data comes in multiple Debian packages that are (not yet) available from our Debian Repository:
- librostlab-data-perl: Commonly used Perl Modules - all other packages depend on this
- rostlab-data: Updating functionality
- rostlab-data-statuspage: Render a HTML page for monitoring the status of your rostlab-data installation
From Official Debian Repositories:
- perl, liblog4perl-perl, libwww-perl
- wget, rsync, ncftp, tar
- blast2, hmmer
- libtemplate-perl (if you want to use rostlab-data-statuspage)
From Rostlab Debian Repository:
- dssp - You will need to create your own package since the DSSP license terms prohibit us from redistributing our own package. Just make sure that the dssp binary is available from $PATH. If you have problems with packaging, you could ask us for help 
rostlab-data will automatically set up cronjobs for updating databases on the 1st and 2nd of every month. Data will be located in /usr/share/rostlab-data/ by default. Edit /etc/rostlab-data/rostlab-data.conf to customize your installation.