Difference between revisions of "LocTree2 - Protein sub-cellular localization prediction for all domains of life"
m (moved LocTree2 - Protein sub-cellular localization prediction in Archaea, Bacteria and Eukaryota to LocTree2 - Protein sub-cellular localization prediction for Archaea, Bacteria and Eukaryota)
Revision as of 19:52, 9 June 2012
LocTree2 is a novel method to predict protein localization for all domains of life.
The novel aspects include:
- the stunning number of 18 predicted classes for Eukaryota
- 6 classes for Bacteria and 3 classes for Archaea
- incorporation of no other information than of evolutionary profiles
- very accurate in distinction membrane/water-soluble globular proteins
- high robustness against sequencing errors
- top performance even for protein fragments
Our framework combines three different systems of classification trees to predict the localization classes (Archaea: 3 classes; Bacteria: 6; Eukaryota: 18) File:Example.jpg
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org