Announcements - Summer 2023
- The pre-meeting for the summer semester will happen on Friday, February 8th 2023, 15:00-16:00, remotely (be punctual!).
Meeting Room: Please join here
Pre-Meeting Slides: will be shared after the pre-meeting
Note: portraying motivation in the pre-meeting may increase your chances of getting accepted
2. Submit the application form by 20.02.2023 (23:59): Application Form
- Without this information we cannot consider your application!
- You can send your application after the deadline as well, but there is no guarantee we will read it.
Supervisor: Dr. Guy Yachdav
Program Management: Amin Ben Saad, Ronald Skorobogat
What we provide
Potential Project Partners - Summer 2023
1. Forto ... is a digital freight forwarder & shipping management platform provider.
2. CGI ... is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world.
3. Salesforce one of the world’s most trusted CRM system providers
4. Mercedes-Benz AG ... one of the most successful and well-known automotive companies
Project Setup: (see pre-meeting slides)
- 9 weeks
- 3 independent projects
- 15-20 students per project
- 3-5 teams per project with 4-6 devs
- 1 project lead and 1 team lead per team
- motivated & experienced students who want to be team leads get a grade bonus of 0.3
Meeting Structure (9 Week Project Period):
- Sprint Meeting (weekly, remotely, 1h) → team-internal information sharing on sprint progress
- Team Lead Meeting (weekly, remotely, 45min) → team leads of a project update each other on their progress & resolve dependencies
- Customer Meeting (bi-weekly, remotely, 30-45min) → regular feedback meeting with your customer
- Design Review (once, in-person, tbd) → mid-term presentation of current web app version
- Client Acceptance Test (once, in-person tbd) → final demo of the project result
Deliverables & Grading: (see pre-meeting slides)
- Web Application (70% of grade)
- Topic Presentation (25% of grade)
- Seminar Paper (5% of grade)
You will be working in teams but the grading will be individualized as much as possible. Effort & good work will be rewarded greatly while laziness won't. We keep open the possibility to exclude extreme cases of lacking effort completely from the seminar.
- Pre-Meeting: February 3rd 2023
- Kick-off Meeting: March 2023
- Design Review: TBA (week 6)
- Client Acceptance Test: TBA (week 9)
- Topic Presentations (in class, participation mandatory): TBA (week 12)
- Seminar Paper Hand-in (online): TBA
more info: [see pre-meeting slides (soon)]
IMPORTANT: Based on your preferred team (Backend/Frontend/Data) you'll be working with different tools and frameworks. Experience with them is not mandatory yet beneficial.
- Knowledge in at least one functional or Object Oriented Programming language
- Familiarity with Node, Express or comparable frameworks/libraries
- Experience with Cloud Services, e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, ...
- Experience with relational and NoSQL Databases, e.g. MongoDB
- Bonus: TypeScript, Docker, …
- Familiarity with React, Angular or comparable frameworks/libraries
Data, Visuals, ML, ...:
- Familiarity with D3 or comparable visualisation frameworks/libraries
- Experience (and/or great interest) in handling big amounts of data
- Bonus: Python
- Language Basics
- Data Visualization (starting on slide 14)
- EDx course from the chair
- RECOMMENDED VIDEO http://www.paulirish.com/2010/10-things-i-learned-from-the-jquery-source/